Adopting strategies for stress management helps reduce stress!
These strategies can be integrated into your daily routine so that stress is less likely to overwhelm you in daily life. Here are several strategies that can help you manage stress:
- avoid unnecessary stressors,
- alter stressful situations,
- make time for fun and relaxation, and
- adopt a healthy lifestyle.
Want a few more ideas? Check these out:
- Take on challenges and tasks one at a time.
- Stay organized with your time and money. Much of our stress is related to time or financial management.
- Journal. Write down your thoughts feelings; use your writing to reflect upon your stressors and how you can manage them.
- Laugh. Laughing and finding humor in life is one of the best ways to reduce stress.
- Exercise. Exercising is essential to our physical and mental health and can serve as a great way to alleviate stress.
- Use campus resources. Visit Student Health Services (SHS) or Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) for services available at no additional cost for students.